Thursday, July 17, 2008

Negotiating For Fruit In The Baghdad Open Market

Writen by Lance Winslow

For those who are not use to the Islamic way of life and their free market way of trading and negotiation, perhaps you might like to walk with me in the open market for produce and such in Baghdad Iraq. You see here everything is for sale and the price is simply a negotiation starting point. But do not get discouraged because a savvy negotiator can make some great bargains here and in doing eat very well for not so much money.

What is available at the Baghdad Iraq open market, well just about anything you can think of and even fruit from as far away and the United States and Brazil. Some quality merchandise too. You can get Bananas from India, Peaches from Georgia, Oranges from Brazil and pomegranates from, well I really cannot tell you who knows where they are from? I know lets ask this gentleman shall we?

Dear Sir what is your name; Abdul. Okay Abdul can you please tell us were these Pomegranates are from; Oh they are from the finest gardens in all of Spain my friend, I make you a deal. Indeed so Abdul how much? Well these fine specimens are from the royal gardens of Spain and shipped here fresh each day, there are no finer pomegranates in all the land, what is you bid?

How about $2.00 each Abdul? $2.00 these are $10.00 but for you maybe I come down to eight this one time, if you no tell nobody of this great offer? No way Abdul I pay you $4.00 for 1 or $9.00 for 3? Oh I cannot lose money on these fine fruits, but I will sell them at you my cost for $6.50 each. It goes on and on like that and we settle at $4.90 each and that is a bargain here in Iraq. So consider all this in 2006.

"Lance Winslow" - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs/

No comments: